Monday, April 22, 2013

change is good, change is great. . . email from 04-22-2013

that has been my motto this week since everything just went CRAZY!!!!! Sister Neibaur's headaches got really bad and the doctors had no answers and medicine didn't help. So President decided it would be best for her to continue to pursue help from home. After a couple hours of phone calls back and forth he finally decided to tell me what he was doing with me. I got put in a trio!!! In my old area! I am back in Atlantic Beach! But here's the catch, we are covering both areas and having to drive back and forth between them every day until transfers on May 1. Talk about crazy! And then on Saturday we got a call that another sister in the mission has to go home for surgery and so Sister Graham (in our trio) is getting sent to Julington Creek today. So we'll be down to 2 missionaries again...covering two areas...CRAZY!!! 

And this is when I discovered the blessing of online missionary work. Because on Saturday when I had intended to go see an investigator in Hendricks, but had to be in Atlantic Beach for some other stuff I was able to teach her via Facebook and still keep in good contact and keep things progressing. It is so amazing!!! Who would have ever thought this day would come where social media could be used as a means to bring people the joy of the Gospel and not just a tool of silliness and time wasting "catapulting birds at walls" as President Uchtdorf said. :) 

I was called to train again this past weekend, you'd think after working a companion to death that they would retire me. But God is having me take another crack at it. Also, in  a new area. Yes, I am ending my mission the way it started. Whitewash training. I just made that realization. Just now. And this is the next thought that came to mind. The Lord is giving me a second chance at something I felt that I had failed at. Wow. GOD IS GOOD!!!! I get an opportunity for redemption. How did I get so lucky?

In a conversation yesterday about how do we help others change without saying straight to their face that they need to improve the good ol' phrase came to mind for me "be the change you wish to see in the world" or others! We can't force anyone to be something we want them to be. That's just not how it works. That's not how the Big Man rolls. :) and I am so happy for that. 

love y'all,

Sister McCracken

No comments:

Post a Comment