Monday, March 12, 2012

Time flies when you’re fighting Satan-email from 03-12-12

That's how the saying goes right? ....ohhh....it's not? oh well!

Anyway, it's been a good week here. It's been another one of those weeks that I don't even remember what happened because it went by so fast! And we were even in area the whole week this time! Crazy! We walked a lot more last week to do some contacting and that was an adventure. My poor feet are sore. So when I was reading in Mosiah about "how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those who publish" this message (or something close to that). I thought of how not beautiful my feet were and that he must have been trying to be funny 'cause I doubt their feet were any prettier than mine! haha

Have I told you by chance that gnats bite here? Yeah, that was a surprise for me too. Oh, and did you know that their bites itch ten times more than mosquito bites and actually turn to purplish black bruises varying from dime sized to quarter sized to one that was about half the length of a dollar bill on my shin? Yeah...they do...It's fun! It scared me the first time and I called the mission doctor. Then I found out that it's normal and to buy some hydrocortisone cream. Pretty crazy! And they have no qualms with flying under my skirt and biting all around my knees too...Super fun!!!

We've just continued working with Joy and her boys this week and they are progressing so well! I can't remember much anything else of note from the week.

Oh yeah! We did service on Saturday. We went to this one sister's house to help with a yard cleanup job. I figured it would be the normal yard cleanup. Nope!!! The whole back yard was an overgrown jungle of plants. WOW!!! So the high priest group leader gave each of us big trimmers and said "Cut a path and clean it up!" So we did! It was hard labor too fighting with the vines running everywhere! But we had a lot of fun. I don't have pictures this week, but I will send some next week. If you want to see one of me in the jungle you can read my comp's blog at almondsofjoy.blogspot.com. Part of her being an online missionary is that she writes a blog. And she wrote a really good post about our yard project. My shoulder still hurts from yanking the vine system out of trees and out of the ground. It's the craziest yard work I've ever done. At one point Sister Surtees said she wanted to be a landscaper maybe after this project. I laughed at her.

Well, I've got to go!

I'm just gonna be simple and say be the change! (I even saw it decaled on a car window the other day :) )

love,

Sister McCracken

No comments:

Post a Comment