Monday, November 7, 2011

There is Sunshine in My Soul (email from 11-7-11)

Posted for Christine by Jana

DSCN0716

The first is my letter writing repose on P-Days. tough stuff right? Listening the water and classical music really makes my day.

And me! relaxing and writing lots of letters. Black and purple is all the "dressed-up" I got on Halloween day itself. But I still had fun!

DSCN0720

 

HOLA!!!

No, I have not been made a Spanish missionary, but we have Spanish Elders in our district, so I get exposed to it. Anyway, first off Happy Birthday to the newest sub-human of the McCracken family. Just kidding, welcome to the teenage years Alec! And Happy Birthday coming up to Ashton and Kimi. (I hope I'm not missing anyone, does someone want to send me a birthday calendar so I don't? Thanks!) And tell all the little trick-or-treaters I loved the pics of their costumes. They look absolutely adorable.

Next I want to say good luck and I miss you to all of my Veteran's Club friends and I'll be thinking of you all this Friday. I'm sad I'll miss the celebration and I hope the memorial is ready and in place for dedication. I would love to get pictures of the day since I won't be able to participate this year. Remember, I love you all!

And this shout out goes to the South family. I was eating dinner with ward members (the Ross family) Saturday night and lo and behold they are from theIdaho Falls area. They lived off of Lincoln and 45th. We were comparing all the commonalities, but this is where it got freaky: he said "Now this part you'll probably definitely know, I worked for that company that does all the concrete domes." I about passed out!!! I said yes I know that company! Rod South is my bishop! He said he worked for Jason (Bishop South's brother). And then we went off on all the international projects and the work the company did that we both knew. Anyway, who knew that in Gainesville, Florida I would meet people from my hometown who worked for the company my bishop is a part of. CRAZY! I was as giddy as a school girl to get to talk to people from home.

In regards to our move we haven't heard anything yet. If we do move it's just going to be to a different part of Gainesville with the same area to work in. Our apartment just has a lot of issues and we're hoping to get to a better situation.

Yes our training with President Barry was amazing. He will be here until the summer after I go home. The Elders I came out with will have 2 months with the new mission president. I luckily will have just President Barry. He is amazing, kind, energetic, but gentle. He is everything I had dreamed my mission president would be. I can't wait to get more chances to get to know him and learn from him.

I can't believe it's that cold and snowing back home!!! It's a little weird to think it's November since it's still in the 60s and 70s here. So I can't even imagine snow. Guess you got the Christmas lights up just in time!

So update on my week here. We have had a busy busy week. Service and teaching have filled our week and we were thrilled for the extra hour of sleep saturday night with the time change...Friday and Saturday we had exchanges with our Sister Leader and her companion. Also, it was homecoming weekend. The entire city shut down for that. All the schools in the Gainesville area were closed Friday to attend/participate in the homecoming parade. All day Saturday was one giant tailgate downtown. It was amazing! So, we tracted a lot saturday since not even members wanted to schedule appointments with us because they were watching the big game (which we won!). During the game Sister Mendivelso and I ended up knocking the door of some hometown hero retired NFL player! WOW! We left him with a restoration pamphlet and I hope to go back and talk to him more this week. Talk about awesome potential investigator!

PICTURES!!! Ok the one I didn't explain last week is just a cool house I saw and I thought the big tree looked like a really spooky halloween tree.

This week's pictures are:

The first is my letter writing repose on P-Days. tough stuff right? Listening the water and classical music really makes my day.

And me! relaxing and writing lots of letters. Black and purple is all the "dressed-up" I got on Halloween day itself. But I still had fun!

Remember...be the change!

I love y'all!

love,

Sister McCracken

No comments:

Post a Comment