Monday, January 30, 2012

It’s a lovely day in the neighborhood- email from 01-30-12

posted for Christine by Jana

DSCN1084

Hello Hello Hello!

It's been another whirlwind week here in Florida! We got the news Saturday that Sister Mathis is transferring. So for once it's not me who has to pack up! I don't know who my new companion is yet. I will find out Wednesday afternoon. President Barry promised me a good one! But I'm sure he tells everyone that. :) haha

It's good to hear that Diane is doing so well! And I love her new hair! I think she should keep it this length for a while! Maybe just a little longer. Kinda like Jana's/Emma Watson. I'm so happy that she is recovering well.

YAY for Megan!!!! I'm so excited for her! I can't wait to see pictures of the little beauty! And the big question will be is she going to get Mommy's light hair or Daddy's dark hair? Guess we will see!

The weather has been a little better this week. We didn't get rained on this time around! The rain has been sticking to the night, or the morning while we are studying. Which I am grateful for.

We got to do some shopping last P-Day and I got myself some gator paraphernalia! Yay me! So now I'm an official gator fan. People will probably just stare in confusion when I come back to Idaho with that stuff. But that's okay with me!

As far as the missionary stuff goes we had a pretty good week. We taught a LOT. A lot of the lessons were at homes of part-member families or less-active people. But that's good too! So we kept pretty busy. Which is the way I prefer it. We had one little meeting that was interesting for me. I learned that you don't realize how much you believe in something until someone tells you that you don't believe. We knocked a door and the first thing the man said was "I'm an evangelical Christian and I've already been saved." I politely responded and said "Oh, don't worry, we're not here to perform doorstep salvation." After talking for a while he told us that we didn't believe in Jesus Christ. And suddenly I was soooo vehement in my belief of Jesus Christ. I have never so strongly wanted to tell someone YES I DO!!!! So we explained to him that he is the center of our beliefs and that we do everything we can to come to know him. It was amazing. I have never realized how much I believed in Him until someone challenged that. I am so grateful for the opportunity to share my beliefs and explain that to people every day. I'm sure you all have had similar experiences on different topics as well.

I hope that you all are doing well! I pray for you every day.

On to the photo. I saw this flower at a members house and was in love! We can't grow anything like that in Idaho! He thought I was a nut for taking the picture.

Remember that being the change starts with simply being yourself. :)

I love y'all!

love,

Sister McCracken

No comments:

Post a Comment